For the perfect romantic dessert, I consulted an expert: LA based Chef Keira Sumimoto of The CannabisPot. She says, “This is a fun and easy recipe to make for or with your lover. A ‘no bake’ dark chocolate raspberry cheesecake, with each piece around five milligrams, is the perfect dessert to celebrate the day of love!”
Start to finish: 6 hours (1 hour active)
- 20-25 Oreo cookies (pick your favorite flavor)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 triangles (40 milligrams) of DÉFONCÉ Dark or your favorite infused dark chocolate bar
- 1 ½ tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon powered sugar (optional, for decorating)
- 1 ½ cup raspberries (optional, for decorating)
Directions (bottom layer):
- Lightly grease a 9-inch springform baking pan.
- Put the Oreo cookies in a food processor or blender and pulse until they are fine cookie crumbles.
- Melt the butter and add to food processor or blender, pulsing until the cookie crumbles resemble wet sand. Pour the Oreo mixture into your springform pan and press down firmly, forming an even layer. Refrigerate for an hour.
Directions (top layer):
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl; beat until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until it forms soft peaks.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips and infused dark chocolate for 20 seconds at a time. Stir until smooth. Add to your cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- Gently fold the chocolate cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream. Pour the chocolate cream cheese mixture into the springform pan and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Decorating is up to you! You can add a layer of raspberries on top, dust each slice with powdered sugar, top with more melted chocolate, or all the above!
Note: The amounts of cannabis-infused chocolate specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.