After a tough workout, it’s important to re-fuel your body and replenish your nutrients. And it never hurts to add a bit of cannabis for relaxing those sore muscles.
While pre-workout snacks like smoothies are great for that extra punch of energy before hitting the gym, it’s the post-workout meal that requires a good dose of vitamins and a little more substance.
When the craving strikes, reach for one of our delicious and nutritious post-workout recipes—they’re low in carbs and fat, yet high in cannabis.
Honey-Glazed Sativa Salmon
Cannabis product: Baked Edibles Organic Honey Tincture
Start to finish: 50 minutes (active: 10 minutes)
Yields: 1 serving
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC per serving
- 2 salmon fillets, skin removed
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Baked Edibles Organic Honey Tincture
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the infused honey, regular honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Place your salmon fillets in a large zip-lock bag and pour in half of the honey sauce mixture. Seal the bag and lightly shake to ensure the salmon fillets are coated thoroughly. Place in the refrigerator and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, take the fillets out of the zip-lock bag, and carefully place them on the baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the salmon cooks, pour the unused portion of the honey sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit until glaze thickens.
- When the salmon is done, slowly pour your thickened honey glaze over top and garnish with a pinch of sesame seeds.
Pro tip: Serve this dish with a side of cooked vegetables, such as asparagus, broccoli, or carrots, for added nutritional benefits.
Infused Goat Cheese and Mushroom Omelet
Cannabis product: Sublime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Start to finish: 10–15 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
Approximate dosage: 25mg THC per serving
- 5–6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sublime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced tomato, for garnish
- Over medium heat, add regular olive oil and the infused olive oil to a medium-sized, non-stick skillet.
- Add the cremini mushrooms and cook until tender and lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- To prevent sticking, add a little more standard olive oil to the pan, then heat again over medium heat.
- Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl and add a dash of salt and/or pepper to taste. Pour the whisked eggs into the heated pan and cook until the edges set and the bottom is slightly browned.
- Use a rubber spatula around the edges of the pan to release the eggs and slide carefully onto a plate.
- Layer half of the omelet with the infused cremini mushrooms, spinach, and goat cheese, then fold the other half over top to close. Serve with a side of fresh sliced tomato. Enjoy!
Hearty Infused Lemon Dill Salad
Cannabis product: GanjaEats Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
Start to finish: 15–20 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Approximate dosage: 12mg THC per serving
- 2 cups spring mix salad
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup sprouts
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup pre-sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon GanjaEats Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- Rinse the spring mix and place in a colander to dry.
- Drain chickpeas and set aside.
- Toss all ingredients together and mix thoroughly, including veggies, chickpeas, nuts, eggs, and sprouts.
- Drizzle with lemon dill vinaigrette, toss thoroughly, and enjoy!
*Note: The amounts of cannabis products specified in these recipes is a very loose suggestion; the actual amounts you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis products and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.