Popular in the low-carb and keto communities (as well as with anyone who could use a little extra energy), the practice of blending butter into your morning cup o’ joe for an instant power-up has been making waves these past few years. Our recipe adds a touch of cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, and a dash of pink Himalayan salt—along with a dose of cannabutter, of course.
Start to finish: 5–10 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC*
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons (or 10mg worth) infused cannabutter*
- 12 ounces brewed black coffee
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Brew coffee using your method of choice. (We recommend French-pressed coffee for maximum flavor.)
- Add coffee and all other ingredients to a blender and blend on high 30–60 seconds until smooth.
Pro Tip: We recommend using grass-fed butter for added nutritional benefits.
*Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis or alcohol.